Saturday, June 7, 2008

our stellar Tokyo team!

So on my last blog (the one right below), I told you guys about Jessica. She said it was okay that I am writing about her, and that she's excited that her testimony can encourage others!

So just a recap... Jessica is the one who came to Christ at Epic Conference in February. I had the divine opportunity to pray with her as she confessed hard stuff from her life with me for the first time during a night of worship and confession. Talking to her after the conference, I found out that she was leaving behind a life in the party scene at Oregon State and trying to grow in her relationship with God, without much Christian community around her.

Now this new believer is coming with us to Japan to share the gospel with Japanese students, only a few months after receiving Christ herself! But God is already moving in her life to cause her to be a bold and faithful witness.

Last week Jessica told me that at OSU, Epic put on a conference for students. At this conference, she invited some of her non-Christian friends who were also in the party scene to go. During one time of worship, Jessica was praying for a girl friend of hers when her friend started breaking down into tears. She let go of her past life and accepted Christ on the spot!!

Wow. I am praising God for His work in and through Jessica's new faith to bring her friends to Christ! I know God is already preparing our Epic Tokyo Team for an amazing summer of BREAKTHROUGH in Japan.

Please be praying for Jessica, too. I know that God is doing incredible things in her life, but at the same time the enemy is angry that she is now a daughter of the Most High God. Pray that she finds all of her worth in Jesus, not in guys, body image, or anything else. Pray that she would be healed of past wounds and that God would fill her with His spirit and lead her. Also pray for her financial support as she is raising the $5000 it costs to go to Japan. Let me know if you want to support Jessica financially. You can make a check out to Campus Crusade for Christ and email me so I can tell you where to send it. Thanks for reading!

No comments: