Tuesday, December 11, 2007

staff break

So I'm sitting in a rented beach house in Oxnard, taking the few minutes between meetings to write this blog. It's finals week for students, so our UCLA staff of 9 has taken a break from Bible studies, late nights and the constant pull of college students to chill by the beach and pray and plan.

AAhhhh!!! It's so nice to be away! I've definitely been feeling exhausted after this quarter. Now, I get to enjoy long, barefoot walks on the beach with Jesus and soaking in the hot tub with the staff girls. :)

It's amazing how just getting away from the bustle of Westwood for a little while has helped me to hear God's voice in the past couple of days. Some things He's been talking to me about has been my future plans for next year and what sincere Christian leadership looks like. You can ask me more about this, or I'll blog about it later.

Some things we've been doing here:
  • Evaluating where our movement is now and where it's going
  • Playing beach volleyball
  • Brainstorming ideas for the rest of the year
  • Spending time with Jesus

2 comments:

Jessica Joy said...

britt, i love your blog. i just caught up on all your posts. wow! jesus is doing some pretty amazing things at ucla!! i stopped by to say THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH for the amazing cookies you sent us!! they're sooo good and perfect - they look professionally done but are obviously homemade. thank you!

Unknown said...

love your blog