Wednesday, April 2, 2008

spring quarter epiphanies

Finding my place in ministry has been the hugest challenge this year. Dealing with the frustrations and daily battles of perceived expectations, poor communication,
and constant busyness has taken its toll. There is always a need, always more I could do or could have done. Needless to say, this year has been tough. Through it all, I've come to some very simple and truthful conclusions:
  • God is God and I am not.
  • Sometimes all I can do is pray, and pray hard.
  • I can't do everything or be everyone to all people.
  • I cannot care what others think, only what God thinks.
  • God moves in completely unexpected ways.
  • God does not need me.
  • God's requirements for me are only to love Him, to serve Him fully, to walk in His ways, to fear Him, and to love mercy for others.
  • I may never see the fruit of what I do, but God sees me and that's enough.
I forget so often the simple things that Jesus taught and showed us! Lord, help me and have mercy on me. May I keep these truths close to my heart as I finish this year strong.

One frustration of this year has been not having time to invest in the Epic Asian American ministry as much as I desired to. I've been given so many other responsibilities that my Epic ministry has been struggling. This quarter, I am hoping to make it a priority. Here's my tentative schedule for Epic this quarter.

Every Monday night prayer
Tuesday night Epic meeting & Bible study
Wednesday be on campus and meet Asian American students
Thursday night sometimes joining some of the Asian clubs on campus
Friday socials or outreaches, depending on the week

Yes! God raise up a generation of Asian American students who live completely for you and who love and live with radical abandon and surrender to your calling of humility and selflessness!

No comments: